What does APM Help do, exactly?
Well, I am glad you asked! In short, APM Help is a fully remote, full-service bookkeeping company that specializes in AppFolio, Buildium, and Propertyware (for now). Our team is made up of accountants, software experts, artists, dog lovers, musicians, and more! We are real people, just like you and your team. We know that it can be hard to trust a third party, especially when it comes to your books, but I am here to help you see that differently.
How did we start?
One day, in July of 2017, our founder Taylor Hou had a stroke of genius. He noticed that there was a lack of businesses available at-the-ready to help property management companies clean up their books and keep them clean. He started as a one-man-show, helping AppFolio users on a consulting basis. But then he realized that people need ongoing help to keep things clean once he had completed the initial clean up.
A few months passed and Taylor had gathered a small team of AppFolio Experts and created a company that helped people like you clean up their books and keep them clean. Today, we have over 100 employees that manage or help with the books for more than 50,000 units. We have also expanded our services to Buildium and Propertyware users and we have no intention of stopping there! Now that you know more about our company history, let’s talk more about what we do.
What do we do?
We offer a variety of services that help people catch up, clean up, and maintain their books. From hourly consulting to full-service bookkeeping, there is sure to be a number of services that will benefit your company now and into the future:
- On-Demand Consulting: Get advice from an AppFolio, Buildium, or Propertyware expert quickly. This is a great option if you have a few questions, minor cleanup needs, and/or are happy with your current bookkeeping services.
- Triple Tied Out: A daily audit solution that checks 3 main points every single day: Bank Reconciliations, Tenant Liabilities, and Property Balances. When you use this service, and we say your books are clean in all three categories, then we will guarantee your audit. If you fail and it’s on the same date we said that you were clean, then we pay the fees (but we are confident that won’t happen!).
- Daily Bank Reconciliations: Exactly how it sounds – a team goes into your bank account every single day and makes sure that the transactions clearing the bank account line up with what is in your software. This keeps your books straight and allows you to make confident payments to your management company, but above all, your owners.
- Full-Service Bookkeeping: We handle everything with a dollar sign – deposits, payments, charges, credits, journal entries, etc. If you prefer printing paper checks, then that will still need to be done in-office, otherwise, we can handle payments as well! Daily Bank Reconciliations and Triple Tied Out are included in this service, as well as a dedicated, US-based, account manager. Our account managers have ample experience with the software and they have typically worked in the property management field.
- Full-Service Maintenance Coordination: Never worry about missing another after-hours maintenance call with Fyxed (LINK) on your team. We handle everything from the minute the tenant submits a request all the way to the point the work order is completed. We research the vendors in your area so that you get the best-of-the-best. This service is currently only available to AppFolio users.
You can learn more about APM Help’s services here. If you’re ready for a quote, then let’s get started!
Why do we do it?
APM Help is here to create a new standard in the property management industry for clean books. We want it to be a priority to have clean, up-to-date, reliable books every single day. We understand that there are many things going on every day in your office, and it gets hard to keep up with the books.
That’s why we exist. We keep your books to a high standard, and keep a close eye on everything so that you can continue to grow your business and foster new relationships.
We also love how much our clients love their books when we are done with them. Clients come to us with books in all different kinds of states, but they all end up in the same place – clean! Check out some of the things our clients are saying about us here.
Are you ready?
The fact that you’ve read this far tells me that you’re pretty much ready to start working with us, but there are some other things to consider before you make the decision:
- Do you have the time to work with us? Many people don’t realize that the initial clean up is a bit of a time commitment, especially if your bank reconciliations are behind. On average, you will need to spend at least 45 minutes – 1 hour daily – looking over spreadsheets, verifying information, and other items your expert needs – to ensure everything is accurate.
- Does your team have records of prior transactions? You will need check images/invoices and deposit details. These can be electronically kept at your bank as well. This would apply for all of the months that have not been reconciled, possibly further back depending on what needs to be done.
- Do you have anyone else that can take over in your absence so that we can hit the deadline set by you and our team? Deadlines are important, and we’ve noticed that if people miss the original deadline then they tend to lose momentum. Having a backup contact to pick things up is key to ensure your clean up stays on track.
If you answered no to any of these questions, don’t worry, we can try to work something out! Reach out to APM Help today to schedule your free initial 30-minute consultation. After that, we will be able to give you a better idea of where your books are and what it will cost to get them to where they need to be.
To get started, you can call us at (281) 949-8755 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you soon!