Adjusted Cash Balance Issues
Adjusted cash balance issues happen when the property balance(s) do not agree with transactions posted to the cash bank account. The database runs a check that involves the following process:
- Property balances (only from properties linked to the current bank account)
- Less unreconciled deposits
- Less unreconciled receipts deposited after the reconciliation period
- Plus unreconciled checks
- Plus unreconciled eCheck or ACH batches and reversals
- Plus unreconciled eCheck or ACH batches generated after the reconciliation period
- Plus uncleared checks voided after the reconciliation period
The above screenshot shows the Adjusted Cash Balance number in the third column and it is under by $176.50. A Reconciliation Summary should have an Ending Balance, Cleared Balance, and Adjusted Cash Balance that match. This is a three-way reconciliation and commonly known as Triple Tied Out.
The AppFolio Help Center has a great section on how to troubleshoot the Adjusted Cash Balance with a step by step process. Sometimes there is not enough time to read through a tutorial or some folks are more comfortable with a one on one session to learn new concepts. There are those that prefer to leave the accounting to others and focus primarily on Property Management. Whichever category you fall into, there is help available.